Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friendship By Proxy

Want to be my friend?

Instantly, without having to earn my respect and admiration?

Then do something nice for my wife.

Recently, someone did something very thoughtful for my wife. It took two seconds, but it was exactly what she needed at the moment, and it had a huge impact. There was no second thought - just instant, loving action. It may have meant more even to me than it did to my wife.

I had just met the person that day. I don't know this person any better than I did before, with a slight exception - I now consider this special someone my personal friend. She can show up at my front door anytime, unannounced, and be welcomed inside.

I wonder if this is how God sees us?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm.... you leave me wondering what it was this woman did for your wife.

Sunday, September 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home